Satellite Integration Technician
Working Model: On-site
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from over 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we seek a Satellite Integration Technician to join our global Space Systems Team. You will report to the AIT Team Lead in this role.
About the role?
As satellite integration technician you will be working in the integration stage of the satellite build, making sure the final satellite assembly gets build and tested on time and according to defined test procedures
- Run functional testing of built hardware, including setup, instrumentation, test execution, and teardown
- Assembly of mechanical sub assemblies
- Assembly of the complete satellite
- Wire harness integration
- Operate mechanical and electrical ground support equipment
- Record work performed on shop floor management system
- 1 – 2 years’ of hands on work experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in electro-mechanical assembly, integration or mechanical assembly experience
- Experience using lab equipment, such as power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and work from drawings, controlled documentation and processes such as: mechanical drawings, assembly procedures/work instructions; schematics, engineering drawings, and parts list
- Experience with using PC and Jira
- Able to proficiently work in a linux environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience working in an electro-mechanical manufacturing company, a precision manufacturing company, or high-volume manufacturing company
- Experience setting up and running tests and experiments
A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, bike benefit, wellness, lunch, etc.)
Phone subscription with iPhone of choice
Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation agency support)
Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
Finnish & English lessons
Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.